Wednesday 28 March 2012

Rite of passage

Oops! I posted That by mistake before I had written anything.... Try again.

At Last, after several years of plodding up and down hills I feel like I can finally call myself a fell runner.

Since 2008 I have had the privilege of running on Peak District moors, Lakeland fells and Welsh mountains and have headed out in snow, rain and sunshine, completed mountain marathons and B/short to A/long races(well I shuffled around at the Back of the pack) but somehow  it still never felt right calling myself a fell runner. 

That is until now.

Taking my mudclaws off after this years Edale Skyline and looking at my feet, there it was, my first Black toenail. At last I have earned the right to call myself a fell runner.





             
Funny feet





Matt on the other end of the VFFs

See that hill, go and run up it



What goes up, must.....

.......Come Down




Big up to #675
Thanks for showing me the racing line round the woolpacks
and for giving me a tow.



Photo by ShaunP 

Many thanks to Dark Peak Fell Runners for their usual slick organisation. Nice one guys

8 comments:

  1. Stunning photos there Steve.

    Not a walk I've yet been able to fit it, but it is high on the 'to-do' list.

    I always used to catch the Hope Valley train from Manchester to Sheffield in my Uni Days, and I always loved the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ross Its a Peak District classic.

      Delete
  2. Great pics Steve, love the vista over to Mam Tor at the top there. Hope you had a great day mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tks Simon. A good day out was had by all.

      Delete
  3. hope you had a good un..hot mind! im surprised your nails lasted so long. is it a keeper? ;0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure yet, its only my little piggy so its not too bad.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Miguel
      It was a bit too hot for me but we did have some great views.

      The weather for our run this morning (two weeks after the skyline)was high winds and snow.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a message, even if its not related to the post.

Cheers
Steve