Saturday 24 March 2012

Here kitty

The invisible fell runner

Fell running Kit-list 

People, myself included seem to like kitlists and gear reviews so as a follow up to the Mountain Marathon kitlist. here is what I am putting in my bumbag for the Edale Skyline;

Kit carried

Bumbag
Omm 3.5l waist pouch

Full waterproofs required so it's
Rab Demand smock
Omm Kamleika troos

Hat/headcover
Buff

Gloves 
Outdoor designs powergrip

Food and drink

3x  SIS gels

Emergency food
Flapjack

Bottle of water

Pumfrys

Nav
Silva compass and Skyline map

Whistle

Camera.


Clothes worn

Socks 
thorlow coolmax trail

Shirt
Helly Hansen Charger

Shorts 
Addidas Supernova

I may take a  Gore running peaked hat.

Shoes
Inov8 Mudclaw 333


Update

Due to good weather, the Race organiser amended the compulsory kit to, lighter and less bulky wind proof body cover. 


Windproofs

Jacket, Salomon Fast wing Hoody

Troos, Montane featherlite pants

 Also I bought a new hat from the nice people on the Accelerate stand. My freebie, Gore hat is black and I thought a paler colour might be better.

Hat

Inov8 hotpeak

Photo by ShaunP






The Art Editor checking for biscuits




8 comments:

  1. Brillian Steve, good luck in the race...say hello if you see me at the start, somewhere nr Hollins Cross or the end...I'm moral support crew only on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bet you've got a spread sheet and everything ;) just seen via twitter that windproofs ARE allowed. see you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up Kate

      Spread sheet nah! it's death by packing every time.

      Delete
  3. Some seriously sexy bit of kit, there Steve.

    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tks Ross

    Now it is over I think I enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats truly a magicians trick you've pulled there steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I usually pull is a muscle.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a message, even if its not related to the post.

Cheers
Steve