Saturday 30 January 2010

Kernow for something completely different

Hello my handsome!  Roughly translated from Cornish into Derbyshireish is   Hey up mi Duck!

We are Just back from a relaxing weeks holiday, in a cottage just outside of Bodmin.
 The cottage was great, the weather was mostly good and I got out for a couple of runs somewhere new.


It was really good to meet up with my sister, brother in law and their boys.
Could this be a future mountain marathoner?



I swapped limestone and gritstone for slate and granite on a run to Brown Willy( I had to go just for the comedy value of the name) via Showery Tor and Rough Tor.







                                            Strange sheep down in Kernow


                                         Not an SAR chopper looking for me.

3 comments:

  1. looks great. never been there before. doesnt look too disimlar to derbyshire in places

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Bodminy shots - particularly like the long one (Rough Tor?)If you're down this way on New Year's Day there's the Brown Willy (titter ye not)Run which is an ideal kill or cure hangover remedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David
    It reminded me of the Peak District too.

    4 Winds
    Tks. Taking photos gives me an exuse for a rest.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a message, even if its not related to the post.

Cheers
Steve