Wednesday 18 September 2013

New shoooos x3 (Rab MM D.N.S.)

new shoes #1
The weekend started well, with a training run in the Dovedale area. I had a lovely few hours pottering about, brushing up my nav skills and generally enjoying being out and about.

It was second time out, in a pair of shiny new Inov8 Mudclaw 300s. The Mudclaws turned out to be excellent new kicks. Different but not better than the Walsh PBs that I have been using lately.  I will do a proper Mudclaw vs Walsh PBs write up.......   One day.

Saturday evening was spent in the company of good friends, enjoying good beer and watching Derby punk legends anti-pasti, playing their home-town for the first time in 15 years. 
What happened next was a series of schoolboy errors.


First, while dancing/jumping up and down. someone else landed on my foot. Ouch! Not wanting to appear mardy, I carried on jumping up and down. Yes it hurt but I am supposed to be a roughie toughie fell runner and martial artist. Eedjit! Then hobbled back to the best pub in Derby, the Exeter Arms for more beer and to congratulate the band on a top gig. Schoolboy error #1.

New shoes #2
Sunday morning. My foot is swollen and bruised. Time to check out Derby's new A&E department.
F#ck, f#ck, f#cketty, f#ck! I now have a spiral fracture of my 5th metatarsal.

More schoolboy errors follow. I drove myself to A&E and end up wearing a non weight bearing cast. Non bearing means, I can't drive myself home. Lovely sister in law and family, have to bring Mrs sbrt over, to pick me up. I also went down to A&E with jeans on. The leg of my jeans is narrower than the pot. Meaning that I can't take them off.  Doh!......  Doh!
Luckily it was only a temporary cast and I had a sexy, lightweight one  fitted on the Monday.


New shoes #3
Sexy lightweight fibreglass cast and not so cool 'special' shoe
Ho hum! At least the new cast is weight bearing and I can walk on it. I was very impressed at being given a choice of colours. KTM orange being the obvious choice, also the colour of a mountain marathon, control kite.

Ray M on the rickety bridge. Highlander 2013.



5 comments:

  1. HI Steve

    We've not met before, but I read your blog now and then. The Ex is my favourite pub and eating place, and not too far from my home in Mickleover.

    Never heard Martin's band before, but I take my hat off to him for his pub running skills.

    Hope the leg heals OK

    Regards

    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey up Geoff
      Good to hear from you.

      Don't know if you have heard. Martin and Denise have taken over the Silk Mill https://www.facebook.com/pages/Silk-Mill-Ale-Cider-House/1397227913827823?fref=ts

      Delete
  2. Yeah. First I heard was that it would be a cider bar, and lately a steak house. Either way Martin seems to know what he's doing.

    All the best

    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you a speedy recovery. And to see you jogging in the mountains.
    Beware!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a message, even if its not related to the post.

Cheers
Steve