Thursday 26 November 2015

Missioning

Mikk's 30/30/30
Missioning



Missioning ~ (Mish-un-in)
Verb
To go out, on a Mission or adventure. Mucking about in the Hills. Usually self propelled, by foot or pushbike.
Origin ~ Mikk
Synonyms ~ Fun


After bigging it up, my trusty mju lets me down


Mikk's mission- To celebrate his 30th year was; a 30k trail/fell run, a 30k road bike ride and a 30k mountain bike ride. A proper mission.
Mikk Kindly invited me along to share in the celebrations. Not being a banana powered 'machine', I opted to just tag along on the run.
The route for the run was planned by Glen. Glen is at the elite end of the fell running scale, although  he would  probably never use the E word to describe himself, a solo Bob Graham and being able to run Simon Fellmonkey ragged, says he is.
I really am not worthy to run with these Two and proved so, by bonking at about 20k. Fortunately this didn't prevent Mikk from completing his mission(Respect). It certainly didn't stop me enjoying myself.

Happy 30th Mikk ans a big thank you, to you and Glen for the guided tour of the Eastern Peak District.


My first visit to the Ox stones





Missioneers




Mikk readies the Banana bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message, even if its not related to the post.

Cheers
Steve